Meet Laura Nencetti, Director of Community Health Services for Wesley Homes Home Health. Laura came to Wesley Homes with a strong history in and a passion for home care. She started her career in the healthcare industry because of her experience as a caregiver.
Laura’s father battled with Alzheimer’s disease. Through his progression, Laura helped as one of his primary caregivers. Working as a caregiver is one of the most difficult jobs a person can take on. It is often frustrating, emotionally devastating and takes a physical toll on the caregiver. Laura, like many others, struggled through this time in her life.
This is how many people become deeply rooted in the healthcare industry; they care for a family member or see how their family member is cared for by others. The driving force to become more involved in healthcare can stem from a positive or negative past. Some find themselves wanting to make a difference based on their past experiences; others want to help and perpetuate the care they witnessed.
“I want to help caregivers,” said Laura. “When someone works as a primary caregiver, they often forget to take care of themselves. I got into home care because I wanted to provide the extra help and care that I desperately needed when I was a caregiver but never thought to ask for.”
Home care offers many services including respite care, transportation, light housekeeping and personal care in the privacy of a client’s own home.
“You need to take some time to rest,” Laura advised caregivers. “It’s important for you as well as the person you’re caring for.”
Statistically, caregivers have a 63 percent higher death rate than people who are not caregivers. They face physical, emotional and financial stress, and it’s important to seek help.
Home Care by Wesley offers a wide variety of services:
- Medication reminders
- General home health aide services
- Pet care
- Respite / relief care
- Live-in care
- Transportation to social events and medical visits
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Meal planning and preparation
- Hygiene assistance
Still not sure if you or your loved one could benefit from Home Care by Wesley? Here are some questions to start the conversation:
- Do you have difficulty getting in and out of bed?
- Have you had a fall? How often do you fall?
- Do you skip meals?
- Are you eating a lot of frozen meals and/or take-out?
- Do you need assistance with bathing?
- Are you incontinent?
- Do you feel nervous about driving?
- Do you need a ride to appointments or errands?
- Can you do your own laundry?
- Do you need help getting dressed?
- Do you feel lonely?
- Do you ever feel disoriented or confused?
- Are you able to clean your own home?
- Have you had trouble keeping your medications organized?
- Have you missed doses of your medications
- Do you have a hard time climbing stairs?
- Do you wake in the middle of the night and need help?
- Do you have an illness or chronic condition?
- Do you need help exercising and staying fit?
Every person is unique, which is why Home Care by Wesley customizes care plans with the client in mind. Click here to learn more about Wesley Homes Home Health or call 206.870.1127. Calling today could make a world of difference in the lives of your loved ones.